Becoming a sustainable industrial cluster by providing optimum set-up and operating conditions on the Seine artery.
In 2030, the Seine Valley will be considered a highly attractive location for industrial facilities in many market sectors. That recognition will be due to several factors.
First, the improved competitiveness of industries on the Seine artery, made possible through the implementation of a pro-active industrial strategy at the European and national level, making ports the ideal location for industrial development, owing to sustainable land availability, accelerated administrative procedures, logistics circuits with fewer greenhouse gas emissions, etc.
That newfound industrial competitiveness will allow the Seine artery to play a key role in international trade. It will be based on advanced innovation and energy efficiency, but also on greater flexibility in production systems, a skilled workforce and a growing domestic market.
Throughout the Seine Valley, genuine industrial ecosystems based on circular economy principles are being set up, with the support of competitiveness clusters in a national and European legal environment that has become more attractive.
- The power of ports in an era of renewable energies
- The Seine artery, a leading hub for the chemicals industry
- A European agri-food cluster
- The Seine artery, a keystone to the construction of Greater Paris
- At the heart of the recycling stream
- HAROPA a major player in the ship repairs sector
The implications for HAROPA in 2030
Becoming a sustainable industrial cluster involves:
- Providing space to promote synergies in terms of industrial ecology and strengthen the social acceptability of industrial port activities,
- Facilitating the set-up of new activities with simplified procedures and a one-stop shop,
- Improving the provision of services to vessels (terminal optimization, deepening of the navigation channel, bunkering, etc.) and extending the reach of the hinterland,
- Expanding the land supply and the search for new business, particularly at the international level,
- Engaging customers in collaborative and innovative projects, based on R&D organizations.